[ Carolyn's Home Page ]
[ Politics Page ]
[ Political Humor ]
[ E-Mail ]
conservaphobia: noun. The fear of the American conservative
based on unfounded stereotypes and distortions.
You might be conservaphobic if:
Thanks to the USATimes for this!
- You've never really listened to Rush Limbaugh because you're already
sure that you disagree with practically everything he's ever said.
- You refer to liberal Catholics, Protestants and Jews as "people of
but conservative Catholics, Protestants and Jews as the "religious right"
"radical religious right". (Maybe you have a thing for alliteration too.)
- You think all white Republicans are racists and all black Republicans
- You are a champion of first amendment rights except in public school
classrooms and in front of abortion clinics.
- You're glad you're not a Republican because after all, they want to
school children and senior citizens.
- You actually think that "liberal" and "progressive" are synonymous.
- In your opinion, a government donation to the poor is somehow more
effective than yours would be.
- You only listen to and respect the views of "open-minded" people who
think like you do.
- You blame society's problems on "religious fanatics" and "corporate
greed", never on the irresponsible behavior of individuals.